CZFree.Net Home Page Diskuzní Fóra CZFree.Net Archív Často Kladených Otázek Registrace Nových Členů Archív Odkazů Seznam Členů Fóra CZFree.Net Czech Node Map hosted @CZFree.net CZFree.Net WIKI
CZFree Network Portal vzkazy | ovládání | pokročilé hledání   

Odpovědět k Tématu 
CZFree.Net forum: Wireless community network CZFree.Net > Fórum > Praha > Information in English
Autor
Téma  < Předchozí Téma   Další Téma >
mischief

Question Příspěvek č. 1 

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 15:28
mischief je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for mischief   Find more posts by mischief   Click here to Send mischief a Private Message   Click Here to Email mischief   Visit mischief's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
mitch

Lightbulb Eng Příspěvek č. 2 

There are only 10 types of people in this world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 16:38
mitch je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for mitch   Find more posts by mitch   Click here to Send mitch a Private Message   Click Here to Email mitch     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
mischief

Příspěvek č. 3 

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 17:04
mischief je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for mischief   Find more posts by mischief   Click here to Send mischief a Private Message   Click Here to Email mischief   Visit mischief's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
petrik

Příspěvek č. 4 

anyway, UPC do NOT allow you to provide your internet connection to anybody else except your family :-(((( .If you break this and they find you,you have to pay 10000kc for every one break !

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 19:28
petrik je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for petrik   Find more posts by petrik   Click here to Send petrik a Private Message   Click Here to Email petrik   Visit petrik's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
mitch

upc sharing Příspěvek č. 5 

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 19:52
mitch je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for mitch   Find more posts by mitch   Click here to Send mitch a Private Message   Click Here to Email mitch     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Fyzik
Team Leader

PASNET Příspěvek č. 6 

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 21:02
Fyzik je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for Fyzik   Find more posts by Fyzik   Click here to Send Fyzik a Private Message   Click Here to Email Fyzik   Visit Fyzik's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
mischief

Příspěvek č. 7 

Old Post 23.06.2002 v 21:05
mitch

Příspěvek č. 8 

i don't think upc is worth such lengthy discussion, either. i think we somehow both believe that it is possible to share it. one technical aspect needs to be observed though: upc has always much lower uplink speeds, which means some limitations in sharing content located on the computers behind you.

you get coax cable from the antenna, then pigtail that plugs into the pcmcia, then pcmcia-pci reduction which is in your gateway computer (has a network card with utp that connects to you downstairs). the solution is sort of complicated, but it does not mean the functionality is anyhow compromised. if we discover easier hardware with comparable sensitivity, we'll implement that one (e.g. pci wifi card that has plug for a coax cable from the antenna). new hw always appears in the forum..

if you end up doing information in english, you're of course free to use anything that has been said here... i strongly support the idea of english faqs, but the current priorities are somewhere else and if it weren't for you, no one would do it for the time being...

the signature is cool, ain't it? ;o)

Old Post 24.06.2002 v 09:27
mischief

English language information available Příspěvek č. 9 

Old Post 02.07.2002 v 11:50
mitch

neat site Příspěvek č. 10 

hi,

looks nice. i can check the contents when i have more time - for now, there's little to talk about anyway (3 nodes).
expect some more serious activity after the holidays finish...

thanks for your efforts w. the english site

mitch

Old Post 14.07.2002 v 17:06
mischief

Příspěvek č. 11 

I was thinking about potential nodes, really...

Old Post 15.07.2002 v 15:30
thomas_klopf

Question information in English? Příspěvek č. 12 

Can someone point me to information on czfree.net in english if it exists? I'm moving to Prague in a couple of weeks, and I have a wireless access point that I would be interested in contributing to the cause (along with getting internet access, as well ) ....

Also, unless it already exists, I would be interested in contributing some spatially-enabled (GIS) functionality to the freenet using Mapserver, if someone is interested.

Thanks!
Thomas Klopf

Old Post 12.12.2002 v 06:59
thomas_klopf je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_klopf   Find more posts by thomas_klopf   Click here to Send thomas_klopf a Private Message   Click Here to Email thomas_klopf     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Fyzik
Team Leader

Příspěvek č. 13 

Old Post 12.12.2002 v 11:11
Fyzik je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for Fyzik   Find more posts by Fyzik   Click here to Send Fyzik a Private Message   Click Here to Email Fyzik   Visit Fyzik's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
thomas_klopf

thanks for the info...some more questions Příspěvek č. 14 

Old Post 12.12.2002 v 18:14
thomas_klopf je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for thomas_klopf   Find more posts by thomas_klopf   Click here to Send thomas_klopf a Private Message   Click Here to Email thomas_klopf     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Fyzik
Team Leader

Příspěvek č. 15 

if you have HW which you can utilize to connect to existing infrastructure, you dont need anything else

noone can tell you if you are within the range .. this has to be measured

Old Post 12.12.2002 v 18:16
kroboy

Thank you guys !! Příspěvek č. 16 

Nazdar,

Just a quick message to insist on the fact that there is a need for English discussions around this topic, and there are definitely some foreigners in Prague who are interested !!!

As far as I am concerned, I am French and my Czech is much poorer than my English, therefore I encourage you guys to keep on informing us in Shakespeare's language ...

I am currently living in France but I will return to Prague after winter is gone, so please keep on working on this terrific project, it's really cool. I am neither a networking guru nor an expert in Wifi but I find this stuff very interesting so please please please carry on puting fresh information in English !!!

Kro(nembourg)boy.

Old Post 08.01.2003 v 16:06
kroboy je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for kroboy   Find more posts by kroboy   Click here to Send kroboy a Private Message   Click Here to Email kroboy     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Veškerý čas je GMT. Aktuální čas: 18:15.  Předcházející Téma   Další Téma
Odpovědět k Tématu
Zformátovat pro Tisk | Stáhnout Téma do Palma | Poslat Téma E-mailem | Odebírat tuto Diskuzi

Search this Thread:

CZFree.NET | Copyright ©MMII - MMXIV CZFree.NET | Kontaktujte Nás