CZFree.Net Home Page Diskuzní Fóra CZFree.Net Archív Často Kladených Otázek Registrace Nových Členů Archív Odkazů Seznam Členů Fóra CZFree.Net Czech Node Map hosted @CZFree.net CZFree.Net WIKI
CZFree Network Portal vzkazy | ovládání | pokročilé hledání   

Odpovědět k Tématu 
CZFree.Net forum: Wireless community network CZFree.Net > Fórum > Praha > Information in English
Autor
Téma  < Předchozí Téma   Další Téma >
inau

Příspěvek č. 17 

Old Post 11.01.2003 v 14:21
inau je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for inau   Find more posts by inau   Click here to Send inau a Private Message   Click Here to Email inau     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
kroboy

English FAQ Příspěvek č. 18 

Could someone point me to some information about how technically the bandwidth is shared, and what it implies in terms of security, etc ...

Thanks. Kro.

Old Post 11.01.2003 v 14:46
kroboy je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for kroboy   Find more posts by kroboy   Click here to Send kroboy a Private Message   Click Here to Email kroboy     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
jbohac
Team Leader

bandwidth / security Příspěvek č. 19 

CZFree itself has nothing to do with Internet connectivity.
The idea is: The network lets you communicate with other members, free of charge. Some of these members will run internet gateways.

It's completely up to them what bandwidth sharing policy their use, what charges apply, whether they make profit or not, etc.

Speaking of Prague, there are now three main Internet gateways, in three separate parts of the network. One is operated by Deu (Praha 5, Smichov), one by xChaos (Praha 6/Brevnov) and one by saidlm (Praha 10/Vrsovice)

By most, {link,network}-level security is not considered a major issue. People are advised to, and should, use secure protocols at application level where appropriate. (ssh, https, pop3s, ...).

Old Post 11.01.2003 v 17:42
jbohac je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for jbohac   Find more posts by jbohac     Click Here to Email jbohac   Visit jbohac's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
kroboy

Thanks Příspěvek č. 20 

Ok, thanks for the info. One more question : what is the distance covered by a Wifi node? Does it mean I can connect to the network if I come with a wifi-fitted equipment into the covered area? (i.e. laptop, Palm, etc) And then go to the internet using one of the three internet gateways?
Again, I really would like to understand more about this technology, do you know where I can get some good documentation for non-networking expert ...?

Thanks
Kro.

Old Post 11.01.2003 v 18:20
kroboy je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for kroboy   Find more posts by kroboy   Click here to Send kroboy a Private Message   Click Here to Email kroboy     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
jbohac
Team Leader

coverage Příspěvek č. 21 

The area covered by an accesspoint may vary a lot, depending on the antennae used, on the noise in the area, whether there are obstacles between you and the AP...

Note that you generally have to be in very close proximity of the AP if you want to use your PCMCIA's built-in antenna (a couple dozen metres). By plugging an external antenna, a MUCH larger distance can be achieved, in the range of kilometres. (this is the way we build our permanent links)

Have a look at the map (go to MONITOR at the top of this page). The APs that you can come-and-connect to are marked by a white circle surrounded by green wave-shaped lines. These generally offer a limited connectivity to the internet for free.

Old Post 11.01.2003 v 22:18
jbohac je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for jbohac   Find more posts by jbohac     Click Here to Email jbohac   Visit jbohac's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Paras Thacker

Příspěvek č. 22 

Hi, im living just behind Letenske Namesti Just near the entrance to The tunnel.
Can anyone tell me if there is a access pint there?

Thanks

Paras

Old Post 08.02.2003 v 04:24
Paras Thacker je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for Paras Thacker   Find more posts by Paras Thacker   Click here to Send Paras Thacker a Private Message   Click Here to Email Paras Thacker     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Plnt
HonzaK

Team Member: MOD

Příspěvek č. 23 

Old Post 12.07.2003 v 00:32
Plnt je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for Plnt   Find more posts by Plnt   Click here to Send Plnt a Private Message   Click Here to Email Plnt   Visit Plnt's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Paras Thacker

Příspěvek č. 24 

Thanks very much, i will send him a email.

im still up for that Beer after my anatomy exam.

Paras

Old Post 12.07.2003 v 10:39
Paras Thacker je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for Paras Thacker   Find more posts by Paras Thacker   Click here to Send Paras Thacker a Private Message   Click Here to Email Paras Thacker     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
alex2

Příspěvek č. 25 

Hi Guys,

I think this is a good thread. I am an american moving to prague soon. I will be living in Rudna area but will be travelling across Europe (hopefully if I can land the job I want ) Any ideas on internet access in that location. And how about the IT job market in Czeck? I am a network/Security Guru/consultant. Any response to this is greatly appreciated!!!

Later

Old Post 06.12.2004 v 01:12
alex2 je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for alex2   Find more posts by alex2   Click here to Send alex2 a Private Message   Click Here to Email alex2     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
danohnesorg

Příspěvek č. 26 

Old Post 30.01.2005 v 00:41
danohnesorg je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for danohnesorg   Find more posts by danohnesorg   Click here to Send danohnesorg a Private Message   Click Here to Email danohnesorg     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
mitch

it bussiness Příspěvek č. 27 

well alex... first, it might be useful to learn the spelling of the place where you're going to land. not that i am offended, but your employers might not be impressed.

second, this is a banana republic. incomes are low and taxes high. you haven't specified what sort of IT you do, but normal pay for reasonably smart IT guys in international companies could be around $20K/yr. Take 30% down for taxes.

the consulting big 5 (or whatever) is something else, but you need to qualify...

if you're looking for expat packages, you have to look in the states...

good luck over here...

There are only 10 types of people in this world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Old Post 30.01.2005 v 19:33
mitch je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for mitch   Find more posts by mitch   Click here to Send mitch a Private Message   Click Here to Email mitch     Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
ingdruido

anglicky pomoc! Příspěvek č. 28 

Hi guys.
I apologize I do not write in Czech. I have been living in Prague for a few months, but my czech is still far away to be good enough for this post.
I do not know if this is the right place for this question, but I try.
I live in Brevnov, and I bought the wi-fi internet connection service provided by CZfree.net.
Unfortunately I have not been able to connect, so far.
A guy told me some connection parameters by phone: IP, gateway, netmask, and DNS adresses.
I use an airlive AP5450 in Client mode: I can find the CZfree.net network without any problem, and I can connect to it. Then I set the DHCP of the AP5450 to be disabled and I set manually the data provided to me.
It does not work.
I don't understand how to manage the connection.
Moreover there is one more thing I do not get: the guy at the phone told me that I have to use my username for the connection, but that there are no passwords.
Now, where am I assumed to use my username... if there is no password to use with?
I apologize I disturb... but I am really getting crazy!

Mattia "Matej"

Old Post 09.04.2007 v 09:38
ingdruido je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for ingdruido   Find more posts by ingdruido   Click here to Send ingdruido a Private Message     Visit ingdruido's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
aquarius
Team Leader
zastupce cloudu 10.254

Team Member: ADMIN

User is Mapper

Re: anglicky pomoc! Příspěvek č. 29 

Old Post 09.04.2007 v 10:45
aquarius je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for aquarius   Find more posts by aquarius   Click here to Send aquarius a Private Message   Click Here to Email aquarius   Visit aquarius's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
ech00ff

Re: anglicky pomoc! Příspěvek č. 30 

Old Post 09.04.2007 v 10:47
ech00ff je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for ech00ff   Find more posts by ech00ff         Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
ingdruido

Re: Re: anglicky pomoc! Příspěvek č. 31 

Old Post 09.04.2007 v 12:42
ingdruido je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for ingdruido   Find more posts by ingdruido   Click here to Send ingdruido a Private Message     Visit ingdruido's homepage!   Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
ech00ff

Re: Re: Re: anglicky pomoc! Příspěvek č. 32 

Naposledy upravil ech00ff 09.04.2007 v 22:40

Old Post 09.04.2007 v 22:33
ech00ff je offline   Click Here to See the Profile for ech00ff   Find more posts by ech00ff         Reference obchodniku Upravit/Smazat Příspěvek   Odpovědět s Citací  
Veškerý čas je GMT. Aktuální čas: 23:15.  Předcházející Téma   Další Téma
Odpovědět k Tématu
Zformátovat pro Tisk | Stáhnout Téma do Palma | Poslat Téma E-mailem | Odebírat tuto Diskuzi

Search this Thread:

CZFree.NET | Copyright ©MMII - MMXIV CZFree.NET | Kontaktujte Nás